2 cups Bora rice (sticky rice)
1/2 cup Black sesame seeds
1/2 cup Jaggery ,grated
- Wash and soak rice overnight.Strain the rice.
- Cover with a cloth and leave it in the strainer for 2 hours or until dry.
- Grind to coarse powder.Keep covered
- Lightly dry roast the sesame seeds, pound it slightly and keep aside .
- Grate the jaggery. Mix sesame seeds and the jaggery together.
- Heat a unseasoned tawa /girdle over medium flame
- Take a ladle of rice batter place it in the middle of the pan and spread to a small disc.(pic1)
- Place some jaggery and sesame mix in the center.(pic2)
- When the rice batter begins to firm,lift one of the edges and hand roll into a cylindrical shape.(pic3)
- Keep aside for a while on the side of griddle so that the pitha is crisp then remove from pan.(pic 4)
- The pitha should remain white. It can be stored for about a week.
PLEASE DON'T COPY PHOTO OR TEXT WITHOUT PERMISSION